Tuesday, January 15, 2013

BOOK BLURB: Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads:

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, Will Grayson crosses paths with . . . Will Grayson. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, and culminating in epic turns-of-heart and the most fabulous musical ever to grace the high school stage. Told in alternating voices from two YA superstars, this collaborative novel features a double helping of the heart and humor that have won them both legions of fans.


***

Date Read: January 10, 2013
Rating: 3.5 stars

...but since I really liked the ending, I’m going to click that fourth star right there :)

What did I not not-like?

First of all, the weirdly unconventional characters John Green and David Levithan has conjured with their heads. Sometimes, it’s just refreshing to read about people who are normally abnormal in their own ways - some are fabulously gay, some are incredibly smart, some push the world away with their “I-do-not-care” rule, and some are just plainly pissed off all the time. Yes, sometimes, it’s not just the amazingly gorgeous guy that keeps you from flipping the pages. Sometimes it’s the sheer weirdness/uniqueness of the people that relates to the readers (like me).

Second, the things i got from the book. Honestly, it wasn't the greatest story I have read, but along the way you just pick up things that sometimes make sense and other times doesn't. Like, how it’s not just about falling, but more of the floating *winks* , and doing something good for people, honesty , love and truth. What I really liked though, is Will and Tiny’s friendship. I don’t know, but I just like it. :) And I think Tiny’s play, if I would have watched it, would be as awesome as the words in the book.

What did I not like?

I expected a different turn of events after the two Will Graysons meet. But of course, that didn't happen. They weren't much involved with each other. Just connected by a common friend. So yeah, a bit bummed by that. And to be honest, this isn't really one of those extreme page-turners. The humor that is supposed to be there did not affect me. The attitude and pissy moods did, though. Hahahaha...

So in general, it was good. But not really to die for :)

By the way, while reading the book, I was thinking about who wrote who? Who wrote the Will Grayson (Tiny’s best friend? And who wrote the other Will Grayson (the mathlete)? I think John Green wrote the first Will and David Levithan, the other one. I don’t know. I hope I’m right :)

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...