Friday, February 7, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars + Divergent Movie Trailer

Who will play who?
One of the most critical parts of recreating a book into a movie, aside from filming it as close to the story details as possible, is the casting. It is also one of the most awaited moment by the fans during the pre-filming phase of the movie. Not only is it hard to find the right actors, but it is really hard to impress the "already established fan base" of the book. If you don't come close to their dream cast, all hell will break lose on every social media site.

The Siblings, The Lovers

When Shailene Woodley was casted as Tris in the upcoming Divergent movie, I had really no objections. Even with the other casts, I feel okay with them. I don't see them as the Tris, Four, Jeanine or Caleb in my head, but I think they will be able to pull it off. Even the other fans seem to agree because I haven't read any extreme hate towards the cast. They even freaked out when Kate Winslet  was chosen to play Jeanine. So the Divergent movie is almost good to go!

But imagine my surprise when I found out that Shailene (Tris) was also chosen to play Hazel Grace Lancaster in the TFiOS movie.Wow! She has landed the most talked about roles in the YA booksphere. (BTW, she will also play Mary Jane in the sequels of The Amazing Spiderman movies. Lucky girl!) My shock did not end there... Ansel Elgort, the one playing Tris' brother, Caleb, in Divergent, will be Augustus Waters. I was like, "WHY?" I do not "not like" him for the role, I just can't imagine how I'm going to see him as a brother on March, and as a lover on June. It's going to be a slightly awkward movie experience. But I'm still hopeful that these actors will play their parts well, enough to make me forget that both of them played other roles in other movies.

If you haven't seen the movie trailers yet, here they are:

DIVERGENT
 
The first trailer released for the Divergent movie was not good. It did nor persuade me  to watch the movie. It was all about Tris and Four's love story and all those mushy stuff. But this one is good, better. It tells the what the movie is about. It is interesting and intriguing, Thank God the trailer became better.

 THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
This trailer made some fans shed some tears. Really!  It was great. And based from the trailer, the movie team paid attention to the book details, and the scenes shown were actually recognizable from the book. Clap clap clap!

P.S. I did not mean to rant about the cast here.. but it came out as it is.
P.P.S. Divergent will be on movie theaters in March this year, and TFiOS on June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...