Monday, February 1, 2016

February Reading Challenge (Kind of)

After finishing my last book for the month of January, an idea just randomly popped in my head while I was deciding what book to read next. With the "Love Month" just hours away, I thought, "Why not read contemporary young adult or new adult romance books all throughout the month of February?' So, that was the plan... Contemporary and Romance books all month long.Until I decided to tweak the initial idea into another plan -  to read as many books as I can with the word "LOVE" on the title (regardless of the genre).

I know most of you probably has a February TBR List already, but if you want to join me, feel free. There are no official sign ups or anything like that. All you have to do is read a book with "Love" on the title, keep track of what you read, and share away. There are no restrictions to the challenge. Just to read as many "Love" books as you can(Disclaimer: This was just a random last minute idea. I do not know if there has been or there is currently a reading challenge with the same idea as this one. If there was or there is, I have no intention of copying it.) 

I also made a list of books that would be helpful in finding out what to read next. But the Reading Challenge will not be limited to these books. These are the books the I have either read already, shelved as "to be read", or encountered once or twice on other blogs or on Goodreads. Here are the titles that I found:

Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher*
Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout*
City Love by Susane Colasanti
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert**
F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher*
Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
How (Not) to Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts
How to Love by Katie Cotugno
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Lost in Love by Susane Colasanti
Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav
Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan
Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass
Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
Love in Lowercase: A Novel by Francesc Miralles**
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez**
Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Love Like Crazy by Megan Squires
Love Story by Jennifer Echols
Love, in English by Karina Halle*
Love, Lucy by April Lindner
Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern**
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories (Various Authors
OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu
P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
The Statistical Probabilty of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover* 


Most of these are Young Adult books (*New Adult, **Adult), and not all of them are romance books, per se. If you know any more books with Love on their titles, just comment below, and I'll update the list. Please also tell me if I've incorrectly classified some of the books.

Aside from the Reading Challenge, I also thought of featuring a book from the list each day (or every other day) this whole month of February to show a glimpse of what the book is all about. I may include a mini review if the book featured is something I've already read.

Sounds good? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man this is such a good idea. I genuinely don't think I actually have any books with the word love in the title though. I might have to do a little digging (or a little spending, ha) and join in with this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!

      Aww, I forgot about the "spending" part. Come to think of it, I only have 2 or 3 unread books with love in the title. And I don't think it will last until the end of Feb. I need to find myself some cash. fast. Haha!

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...